Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
Under the heading of "this may not be news but it is reality", I just took a look at the Paul Mauriat web site and noticed something that I found to be interesting. They have a page entitled "Look Who's Playing.." What is of note is that everyone, or at least most everyone minus perhaps two artists, is a tenor saxist, (saxologist, saxifonado, saxjourneyman ???). This begs the question; Is the Mauriat saxophone of the tenor variety for the most part the only one heavily endorsed by the pros in their prose so to speak? Could one extrapolate that the Mauriat tenor is the star of the constellation, the cream of the crop, the better of the bunch, the classiest of the class (sorry, just ran out of simile cliches). Can one say they have got it pretty right with most of their horns but totally perfect with the tenor alone? Would this assumption stand the litmus test of being laid open and vulnerable to the scathing pervue of this board? I'll go back to breakfast now. Enjoy the rest of the day.
Regards,
John

·
Registered
95 Posts
I'm a P Mauriat endorser and am know mostly as an alto player. I love the 2 alto's I have (67R and Black Pearl) and everybody that tries them really digs them. I like my 66R tenor, but I'm looking forward to trying some other P Mauriat tenors. Maybe because I've been playing the alto longer, but I can't say enough about them.

·
"King In The Castle" & Distinguished SOTW Member
2,665 Posts
Julius -

If you got a chance, I would highly recommend the black-pearl PM tenor! With a right (for you) mpc, it can compete with any horn - MK6 included - in terms of sound and feel. As for the look, it is a beauty, but here is where relativity (or egoism) dominates!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts