Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a while ago i bought a dirt cheap curved sop off ebay (it was badged as a 'bently'.....fairly certain its chinese). its not a bad horn considering how little i paid for it.

Now i know that its never going to be great but i wanted to get some experience playing sop and couldnt afford anything better so bought this fella.

The big question is.......i was thinking of buying a yanagisawa crook to put on it (the horn is a copy of a yanagisawa) as they are fairly cheap (say £80 GBP) when compared to the cost of a decent curved sop. So has anyone any experience of this or anyone with any advice on if they think its worth looking into........any help thoughts would be much appreciated........

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
5,528 Posts
Yes, I used a T991 neck on my Buescher 400 for some time. Getting the tenon to the right size was a nightmare for my tech guy, but he pulled it off. The underslung Yani neck looked great on the 400 but really brightened up the horn too much. I eventually got my original neck rebuilt and have used it ever since.

If the Bently is a true copy of the Yani, your mileage may be better than mine. You may want to check out the tenon sizes first to make sure it can be done.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
many thanks.

hopefully i should get it within the next month or so and we will see. ill try and post a brief report if i can.

just wondering if anyone else out there might have any other suggestions as to other options around the same price..

cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts