Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got one off craigslist for so little it was almost free. Some scratches to the lacquer, but no dings or dents. Plays well with no problems. My other alto is a Japanese-made Vito, a YAS-23 style. I haven't done extensive comparison, but the ergonomics are very similar between the two; tone-wise they're very different-- the Vito has a more straightforward, unadorned sound, while the Jupiter has more personality (harmonically rich). The Jupiter sounds more professional, to my ears, at this point but I reserve the right to change my mind later on!

It doesn't say GN on the sax but it's gold-lacquered with nickel-plated keys. Serial starts with H which apparently makes it a 2006. Came with a case, strap and a Yamaha 4C mouthpiece. I haven't tried the mouthpiece yet; I have a metal Selmer I'm very happy with, but having different mouthpieces to choose from is a good thing. A new Yamaha 4C would cost more than I paid total!

I consider this a gift from the saxophone gods. To whom it may concern (Apollo, Dionysus?), thank you!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts