Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I was a teenager I spent hours listening to–and staring at–Joshua Redman’s album “Joshua Redman”. I dreamed of one day playing like him. Maybe even meeting him.

I never imagined sitting at the Blue Note in NYC listening to him perform a song I wrote!

Click here to listen.

Joshua Redman, Bob Reynolds and Reuben Rogers perform at Kuumbwa Jazz Center

·
Distinguished SOTW Columnist and Saxophonistic Art
6,260 Posts
YEH!! More of that Bob!

Got a lead sheet? I'd love to play that tune- “Nine Lives”. Nice thumbprint of your mind set too. More of that...and I always Reuben. ( You play with him a lot to as well? )

MORE OF THAT YEA :)

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
726 Posts
Congratulations Bob! excellent composition. On the original version, did you doubled it on soprano around 3:10? I can´t heard clearly on the speakers. Also I liked the sound at the beginning with that beautiful echo. You are a great player, congratulations again.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, guys. Glad you dig. Was certainly a special moment for me. Glad I found the old mini-disc in a shoe box!

Tim: I do have sheet music for it. Funny story: when Josh called and asked "if it would be O.K. if he played the tune" (haha!) I redid the sheet music to make all the parts fit on 3 pages. WHICH WAS A CHALLENGE let me tell you!

I will have all my sheet music (well, most of it) available on my website by the end of this month. It used to be up but I had a web meltdown several months ago and lost everything.

electricfigue: this is crazy, but it's hard to remember. Pretty sure I did double that soli part on soprano. I actually wrote it (and played it) on keys first. Actually, I created a synth patch in Reason to do it. Then I doubled on tenor and tripled on soprano for the soli section.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yep. My wife and I sponsored that show. It was great.

If you are ever in the Silicon Valley/Monterey Bay area, you HAVE to check out Kuumbwa.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Dup. Ignore

1 - 9 of 9 Posts