Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey SOTW friends!

My quartet recently performed a special night at Vitello's Upstairs in Studio City where we recorded a live album. Here's a video cut from the show. For those of you wondering before watching, it features sections of free improvisation mixed with more structured song form. Would love to get your responses, likes (if you like it!) on youtube, and if you dig the vibe, your shares! Anyone interested in finding out more about when the album comes out can visit my site at www.jonathanrowden.com and shoot me a message.

Thanks for being SOTW and keeping the music alive and growing.

Jonathan Rowden

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnGA9fpWxmE

PS I posted this in youtube videos/wasn't sure which forum to use. I saw this after; if anyone knows, let me know if it is not allowed to have it in both forums. Thanks

·
Registered
351 Posts
It's a good disciplined quartet, I really liked how the entire group could change between moods so effortlessly. The free sections were good, everyone playing together and listening, and the repetitive section near the end was wonderful, I didn't want it to stop. Also nice to hear a melodic drummer. The group actually sounded quite European to me, the almost classical approach in some sections and the wonderful chording of the pianist.
Congratulations, a really good performance.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I only just saw this..so sorry. That is very nice of you to say. Thanks for the nice words -- the group has some new things going on, including releasing a new album this year. If you'd like to hear about it just shoot me a message or email me at [email protected]

Thanks again!
Jonathan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts