Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I bought a used Borgani Joe Lovano tenor sax from reverb. It should arrive tomorrow. I was v. pleased with the price, especially after looking at various Selmer Paris models, including the Mark VI, for months. I realize it's a totally different concept from Selmer, and I'm excited about that. I considered a Keilwerth for that reason, but consistency seems to be a problem and there aren't any Keilwerth dealers here.

Anyway, I play with a 10MFan Black Widow size 8 mouthpiece. I'm wondering if there's anything I need to know regarding blowing. I've seen some videos that suggest that the Borgs take air very differently, and I want to head off any freaking out on my part.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2009
1,278 Posts
I think SOTW member Kritavi was the seller for that horn. Thanks for buying it - I was spending too much brain space trying to figure out what I needed to sell to raise the cash to purchase it. I have a pearl gold borgani alto that I LOVE!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
33,900 Posts
Party in The Cube!

Welcome!

·
Registered
957 Posts
Was that the one Kritavi had for sale? That was a great deal on a Borgani. The horn looked to be in excellent shape. Kritavi is also a great guy to deal with. Please let us know your impression when it arrives.

One note, I would not shy away from Keilwerths. They have their issues but they are great horns. I have had issues with the intonation of middle D being very sharp, but with a crescent the horn was able to be brought in tune. They have a huge sound that I really love.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, it's pretty darn awesome. Also, I didn't really care about looks, but wow, this is a beauty. It's also the most comfortable sax I've ever played between the ergonomics and that matte feel.
And I only paid $3k, so I can lavish all sorts of mouthpieces on it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts