Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I just got a Buescher 156 347xxx. I am in the process of repadding it and getting it in shape to replace my Yamaha 23. It has all the snaps (except for the Low C#). I have delacquered it and hand polished it. It is looking great. It is a summer long project. Will post pictures once I am done.
Flava

·
Indistinguishable Resident Buescher Bigot and Foru
8,588 Posts
Looking forward to seeing it.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
welcome. the low C# has the spud in the padcup or has it been ground off?
It seems the spud broke off or someone did a real shoddy job or grounding it off. It is the Low Eb key (made a mistake). As one of the experts, do you have any recommendations of how to replace it?

Since I am not a tech (and don't have a lathe, etc.), I was thinking of looking at an old winter coat snap and seeing if it can be modified and solder in place.

I will take it to a local tech and have a couple of dents removed and one of the brace posts reattached. Will ask if he has any snaps/ideas.

Thanks for any help

Saludos,
Flava

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2009
4,507 Posts
since you already delacquered, I can send you a replacement spud for you (your tech) to silver solder in the key. PM or e-mail me. No need to dish out cash, nce you received the spud/snap make a donation to SOTW and be done with it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts