Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just been looking at the NAPBIRT site, and saw that one can become a member at an Apprentice level. Would that be beneficial? Or would only a real-deal 100% trained 'Professional' really benefit from membership? It's been in the back of my head that one day, when I'm more experienced, we'll cross the NAPBIRT bridge, but I didnt know one could apply as an Apprentice.

Are most techs members? Any thoughts on pro's and con's?

Any non-members out there feel held back, restricted, or maybe 'missing out' on any aspects of repair or business by NOT being a member?

Just wondering, thanks guys!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Technician
4,690 Posts
No good to me.

Imagine if you were plumber, and there was an organisation for plumbers of america. Would you gain work from being a member, thats the question.

For those down under, as a plumber... being a member of plumbers of america would have no advantages, so as a repairer I see very few advantages for myself to be gained as a member.

I could be corrected.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013
4,466 Posts
I believe that any group one pays money to become a member of will accept anyone who sends the money to join--which says nothing about the quality of their product or services offered. It wouldn't be a factor in my decision to hire someone to do something for me. Word of mouth recommendation and personal experience is what I trust.

·
Distinguished SOTW Columnist/Official SOTW Guru
3,764 Posts
Any Aussies thinking of going to the NAPBIRT conference on the Goldie may 25th-27th this year?

$350 odd to register plus accommodation.

It's be interesting and I'd learn a lot I'm sure but for $350 a head we could have a helluva good weekend on the Bundy with Simso, Dirk, Boot Nigel and all the other Aussies on this forum. :mrgreen:

·
Forum Contributor 2007-2012, Distinguished SOTW Te
3,316 Posts
Wish they would just sell the NAPBIRT sticker.
They do. It's called a Membership.

Not a member myself. I was for a little while, but let it lapse and never noticed any difference. You can find more information and willing help on forums such as this one, and its free.

But I do also attend clinics now and then- but you don't have to be a member to do so.

IMHO.

·
Banned
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, I figured with the amount of knowledge out there, I'll be ok.
But I do like those hats they have...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts