Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just discovering John Zorn. Not just his sax playing but also his collaborations and compositions. Anyone else into John Zorn? What are your favorite records? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
The Big Gundown and Naked City were real revelations to me. And there's some really good stuff on his various 50th Birthday Celebration recordings. Depends how far "out" you want to go, because he doesn't hold back!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
32,939 Posts
Seems like “Zorn” should be a great match for using the search function - not too many alternatives for that spelling.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2014
4,901 Posts
Seems like “Zorn” should be a great match for using the search function - not too many alternatives for that spelling.
Hopefully he's not using the voice function. The misidentification of a consonant can lead to catastrophic search results.

[Martysax walks through the door to a huge applause from the studio audience.]

·
Registered
248 Posts
With all the activity on the board, it is a travesty to have a new thread created by someone's new found enthusiasm...

·
Grafton alto | Martin Comm III tenor
28,922 Posts
With all the activity on the board, it is a travesty to have a new thread created by someone's new found enthusiasm...
Which is why we suggest using the search function (see my post above) and adding to an existing thread. That way there is so much more chance for more relevant discussion and useful info and it also makes life easier for moderators.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts