Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not a fan of the internet, but I'm a big believer in giving praise when it's due. I know that there are already many threads praising Joe's work, but one more can't hurt. I'll hit the highlights and will elaborate if there are questions or comments.

I was on a quest to darken up my Yanagisawa S901. I'll never part ways with it, my tech always threatens to "lose" it whenever he has it, but I really wish it played darker. I came across one of Joe's pieces on Junkdude's site at a price I couldn't pass up, so I bought it. The piece looks suspiciously like a Metropolitain, but is not labeled as such. I sent Joe some photos, but he wasn't able to identify the piece. No matter though.

On my old Noblet by Beaugnier curved soprano, it is, for lack of a better word, magical. Dark, rich, woody, colorful. The combination is a close to a human voice as anything I've ever heard. On the 901, it is only wonderful.

I reached out to Joe and, after a few astute questions, he suggested the Missing Link. It arrived Monday. Simple, elegant, utilitarian packaging, and the piece itself is weighty. I played it for a couple of hours that night, and was loathe to stop. It just sings.

I purchased an alto yesterday and have already ordered an Alma. I can't listen to the beauty of Desmond, Cannonball, or McLean, and reconcile the fact that there's ugliness in the world. I'm excited to explore the Alma's tonal possibilities, and am looking forward to doing business with Joe in the future.

Mark

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
I'm waiting for Joe's baritone piece… :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts