Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a DV NY #7 for tenor. I just love it for small group jazz combo playing because of the dark tone, and it does great in small venues because it is not too loud or bright. anyway, I was wondering if anyone can tell me what the 2 very small rubber squares are for that came with the ring ligature. Are they supposed to go on the inside of the ligature on the sides or something, to keep it from scratching the mouthpiece, or what?

·
Registered
133 Posts
They are probably patches to protect the mouthpiece from your upper teeth, or your teeth from the mouthpiece if you prefer. Jody usually supplies are clear ones (you can see through them).

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are clear, but they are way too small to be mouthpiece savers. Yes, there is a clear mouthpiece saver on the mouthpiece already. But these little squares I'm talking about are only about one quarter inch by a quarter inch.

·
Registered
152 Posts
im not exactly sure what they're for, but i can tell you as a fellow dv owner, their not for the ring ligature. the ring just slides comfortably over the reed and mouthpiece by itself.
i cant imagine them being for scratches either as jody said himself that the improvement from the ring ligature should be well worth the scratching. (im yet to see many scratches on mine)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts