Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
tried to use mine for a outside rock gig last nite-just dosnt have quite enough edge and cut -even using a plasticover!. dont have a spoiler for it. switched to my jazz custom 2nd set-much better!

·
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jazz has a bigger baffel -a little more power and edge

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
The spoiler makes all the difference. That is exactly what it is designed for.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2017
6,086 Posts
Wow. I have never used a mouthpiece as bright and loud as my JJ Classic tenor MPC. (spoiler in). I am a big advocate of using amplification to be heard, but I ocassionally (when I am feeling really lazy) use my JJ in small rooms even with bass, drums, and electric guitar.

·
Registered
96 Posts
SPOILER mannn spoiler!! Plays an 8 transparent blue JJ classic on alto AND soprano. Nothing has dethroned them yet ;)

·
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes its alto only and my fav runyon alto mpc. been playing on one for a long time. with a plasticover reed its bright enough for anything.

·
The most prolific Distinguished SOTW poster, Forum
27,650 Posts
The thread title says "Jody Jazz", and that's what the OP talks about and by the second post and thereon, the conversation is about Runyons. Might be considerate to let unknowing readers know the connection between JJ classic and runyons, what?.

·
Registered
8,975 Posts
The JJ Classic is made with the same molds as the Runyon Custom. There may be a small amount of additional finishing work on the Classic's facing length and tip rail. The Classics used to be play tested for QC by Jody when they first came out. I do not know if they still are.

Jody appears to use a different maker for his HR mouthpieces and another one for his high end DV mouthpieces.

·
The most prolific Distinguished SOTW poster, Forum
27,650 Posts
Thank you, Keith.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts