Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience with these cases? how do you like them? A comparison to the manning carbon fiber case would also be appreciated too. thanks in advance

·
Forum Contributor 2016-17
482 Posts
I've seen the cases in person. They look fantastic. John custom manufacturers them to precisely fit the owner's horns, and supplies the option of a number of interior colors. See attached link for pictures, including one with a happy customer (Troy Roberts). He's paid a lot of attention to the strength/structural integrity of these cases to protect the horn well, and also the locks so that the case cannot open easily or inadvertently. The case shell is carbon fiber.

I believe the primary difference with Manning is that John - for the most part - will not require your horn to build the case, as long as he can locally source a similar model horn to do the fitting. For most standard models of horns he is able to take a horn from his shop to do the fitting, but even if the model is rare, his first try will be to find a local player who has that horn to do the fitting. Of course if you are local to NYC, he would suggest bringing in the horn for the measurements.

As I understand, the alto case costs about $1050 and the tenor $1100.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1l__KRu4QKQslc4HkQ0E8t0pn6X6yAYAf?usp=sharing

If you have more questions, ping me - I'll get a response from John.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts