Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
The most prolific Distinguished SOTW poster, Forum
27,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the question comes up routinely by people with JKs wanting to know if their JK will fit in a certain case, I thought I'd pass this along.

I just got a new ProTec XL case for my JK SX90R alto and the sax fits perfectly.

My purpose isn't to give a review of the case, just to inform about it's fitting the JK alto. I haven't seen any ProTecs up close since I used them a good decade ago and these are definitely a step or two up from what I used to use. Nice classy case. Excellent design, places inside the case for the neck and mpc.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2009
2,063 Posts
Thanks Gary, I wonder if that is the same with the tenors. My stock case is going to need to be replaced soon.

·
The most prolific Distinguished SOTW poster, Forum
27,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think ProTec made the XLs with Cannonball and JK type saxes in mind, so I would think so. I got my case from amazon. I'm sure it and wwbw.com have the tenor cases also. They both have easy return policies so you've got nothing to lose by ordering one and checking it out. I've got a VGV for my JK tenor which, I suppose, I'll never give up, but the ProTec XL would seem to be a great choice.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts