Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
42,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, just got hold of a Julius Keilwerth Toneking-New King model soprano 1957 SN 344XX made in Germany. It is in a pretty poor state now, the bell rim is a bit bent (the endbit only) the nickel has some oxidation traces in the form of pitting, all pads need to be changed....I could have it re-hauled for a 300/350 euros from my capable technician who would take care of most of the issues and make it playable again (he did always a good job with most things he has done for me) but the question is, is it worth it? I paid very little for this horn which I more or less out of pity bought from a teenage girl whom (the parents were there....and at first I said I didn't want it because of all the expense involved.... but she really needed the money...and so on) was given it from some relative to supplement her pocket money. I play alto and tenor, I don't have a soprano. I just don't know if this soprano is worth the effort or not. How much do you think is worth now and after a rehaul (I am asking for an educated guess here) is it worth passing it onto someone else who can do the rehauling him or herself? Or do I just hang it on a wall?:?

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
42,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ooooh! this saxophone plays by itself! :) just a joke! Well I'll take it to my technician today and see what he thinks....I just spoke to him and he said they make good players ....or did he say they make players good......:) I wonder!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.