Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
SOTW Administrator
26,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got this in JJ's newsletter today:

DV Baritone is coming

Jason Marshall is pictured below on the first day that he played the DV Baritone prototype. He had been enthusiastically playing the ESP Baritone up to that point, but the minute he played the DV, it was the last time he played the ESP. He insisted on playing the DV, that night with The Roy Hargrove Quintet. I had a feeling that Jason was going to fall in love with the DV, so I had made an extra one in his tip opening, #10, (.140). It was an amazing night and when Roy featured Jason on a ballad, he really showed us how sweetly the DV could be played. The rhythm section that night was organ, guitar and drums, and they were kind of loud. With no mics on the horns we had no problem at all hearing Jason. And that is on baritone sax, which is an instrument that can often get buried in a loud group.

Roy Hargrove & Jason Marshall @ The Jazz Gallery , NYC

The DV Baritone is shipping in approximately 8 weeks from now. I would like to encourage those of you who are interested, to email or call us to get on the waiting list. Also if you have a relationship with a music store, we strongly encourage you to order the DV baritone through your favorite music store. Tip Openings will be 6, 7, 7*, 8, 9, 10. Price to be determined: Between $550 - $595

·
Registered
652 Posts
hakukani said:
Got this in JJ's newsletter today:

DV Baritone is coming

Jason Marshall is pictured below on the first day that he played the DV Baritone prototype.
It seems that was a link to someone's email account, so the picture mentioned is not visible to anyone on this forum. You have to either upload it as an attachment, or link to it on a "visible" web server. I would like to see the photo if you have it handy.

·
SOTW Administrator
26,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Conrado said:
It seems that was a link to someone's email account, so the picture mentioned is not visible to anyone on this forum. You have to either upload it as an attachment, or link to it on a "visible" web server. I would like to see the photo if you have it handy.
I didn't know it posted a link to the pic. I thought it was just the text. Here's the pic, anyway:

View attachment 2837

1 - 6 of 6 Posts