Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Perhaps I should post this in the "sheet music/transcriptions" area of the forum, but I'll give it a go here first.....

Anyone know if this is still published for alto and piano and where I could snag a copy?

Thanks much!
John

·
Banned
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Ahh......thanks, I think.

For the record, it only took me 30 seconds to do my original post. I have a 45 second attention span, so taking a whopping 60 seconds to Google it is beyond my scope.

Thanks SO much.

John

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Sax Historian
7,107 Posts
Glad to see it's still available. 1920s-30s music is kind of a black hole - out of style, out of the culture, and mostly, still in copyright to companies too big to niche market it.

·
Registered
110 Posts
as far as 1900s-1930s sax music finding goes, I find most of mine from ebay, antique shops, in the back of local sheet music stores, etc. Also, to get a look at them, its often helpful to check out college libraries. :)

·
Banned
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
as far as 1900s-1930s sax music finding goes, I find most of mine from ebay, antique shops, in the back of local sheet music stores, etc. Also, to get a look at them, its often helpful to check out college libraries. :)
Excellent idea! I'll definitely do that. Thanks!

John

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a copy of Oodles of Noodles by Jimmy Dorsey when I played it in 1953. I will be happy to make a copy of it for you. Let me know how to contact you.
Thanks
Don

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a copy of Oodles of Noodles by Jimmy Dorsey when I played it in 1953. I will be happy to make a copy of it for you. Let me know how to contact you.
Thanks
Don
Don,

I've got a student working on this piece and have yet to find a piano part that will arrive in time for his performance in a couple of weeks. If you would be willing to send a copy this way, it would be greatly appreciated. Let me know. ([email protected]). Thank you.

·
Registered
132 Posts
P.S.
Has anyone listened to Duke Ellington piece called 'Contrasts'.
I'm sure 'Oodles for Noodles is in there.

·
Forum Contributor 2015-2017
471 Posts
Perhaps I should post this in the "sheet music/transcriptions" area of the forum, but I'll give it a go here first.....

Anyone know if this is still published for alto and piano and where I could snag a copy?

Thanks much!
John
I have the score for the alto,from a methode book of Jimmy Dorsey.I can make a scan for this.Just 2 pages!

Billy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts