Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

What's your opinion on these two baritone saxophones? The Jean Baptiste 686 BL & Jean Paul Bari's... Thanks...

Philo

·
Registered
63 Posts
I own a jean Paul tenor and alto and find them to be fine. The company is based in Miami (Doral) and they stand behind their products and have a network of techs to take your instrument to if there is a problem during the first year of ownership. You can also call and talk to them they are very nice people. I’m not in any way affiliated with them I’m just an owner of two of their horns.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Ditto with Vinnie - I have both Tenor and Alto. There is a lightly used JP Alto on eBay right now listed for 1/2 retail ($250) and I'm tempted to buy it for my grandson(s) to keep them from using mine. I didn't know Jean Paul has a bari, it isn't listed on their web site

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hi All

What's your opinion on these two baritone saxophones? The Jean Baptiste 686 BL & Jean Paul Bari's... Thanks...

Philo
This convo happened a long time ago but I’d like to put my two cents in. I’ve owned a Jean Paul TS400 for almost a year and I would rather just save up. It’s always has problems and notes can sound stuffy. I’ve taken it to get matinence (Which JP paid for.) and notes still sound stuffy. I would just save up for a better horn because you pay for what you get. I’ve had tons of other problems with my JP horn but that would take another paragraph to type. Just save up for a better horn or look for a good used horn. It’ll be worth it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts