Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Sax-Fellows,

in late Oktober (22.10 - 25.10) I'm visiting Krakau in Poland with a group of pupils (aged 17/18 years). I did this about 15 years ago and one of the highlights of that trip was an evening in a jazzclub (I forgot the name). I remember a band with a polish sax player on a c-melody playing kind of modern jazz. I recall that he was the owner of this club.
Now, is someone familiar with the jazz scene in krakau? Any special tips were to go with a group of youngsters? Great places in the evening (music, restaurants, etc.)

Thank you very much!

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No one from Krakau here?

·
Registered
8,026 Posts
Too busy playing jazz?
Some of these places seem to either have Trad, “Gypsy jazz” and the complete polar extreme of that.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Jazzclubs and other Music Venues in Kraków - Poland

That place does not exist. Try Krakow.
Ah, thank you! It's written Krakau in german, I changed the header.

Kraków is the name of the city where I'd like to visit some musical venues. Thank you for your ideas!

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
To answer my own question (someone might search for jazzclubs in krakow in the future): I visited two times the "u muniaku" in the centre of krakow. It is named after tenor player janusz muniak, who founded this club. He passed in 2016. Very nice vaulted cellar.
I heared two quartetts with young polish players; the first was a bit after this baker/mulligan sound (with alto/tenor and without piano), the second played modern jazz/bebop. Great players on both evenings!

There is a concert every night, which seems to work since there are so many tourists in town.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts