Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear SOTW Friends,

I spent the last two years of my life writing a book that I think will help improvisors of all ages entitled "Melodic Shapes for the Modern Improvisors"

Topics covered: Chromaticism, Diminished Scale, Bebop Lines, Altered Scale, Tension and Release through ii-V-I vocabulary

The book is a plethora of ONE HUNDRED ii-V-I jazz vocabulary (lines and licks) transposed in twelve keys for you to practice on your instrument.

The special thing about is book is the altered notes and tensions are outlined in colors, so you can physically see tension and release in these jazz lines.

Furthermore, they're great sounding ideas and lines - stuff you can use and play on the bandstand that sounds hip and killer.

The price is 20.00$ USD and I'm giving everyone here a discounted rate of 16.00$ using SOTW Discount code "SOTW"

Gary Dial, Doug Webb, Bob Sheppard, Joe Gilman, Russ Ferrante and many great jazz musicians have endorsed this book.

Please give it a look if you're interested in something new to practice during the new year! Happy Practicing!!!
www.timlinmusic.com/books

Attachments

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks feguy1, I am shipping it first thing tomorrow morning. Many SOTW members have loved their copies.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Received my copy, and have been playing out of it for about a week. Excellent material, challenging. I don't think I will outgrow it anytime soon. I'm going to show this to my teacher, he has been putting me through the ii-v-1 progression as of late. Thanks again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts