Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
I loved Kenny Werner's piano work on Chris Potter's album "Gratitude". Chris and Kenny were really close friends. I think they met at the New School in New York when Kenny was teaching and Chris was a student. You know the guy knew some stuff if he was teaching Chris Potter. For a really cool listen, check out the youtube clip of Chris playing (bass clarinet) "Just As I Am" with Kenny Werner accompanying on piano. I'll see if there's a link to it.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Oops again, It was Kevin Hayes on Piano on Just As I Am. But Kenny Werner was on one of Chris Potter's solo albums. I'll have to look it up. I do remember that Kenny Werner was just incredible playing with Chris.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oops again, It was Kevin Hayes on Piano on Just As I Am. But Kenny Werner was on one of Chris Potter's solo albums. I'll have to look it up. I do remember that Kenny Werner was just incredible playing with Chris.
Yes, all I can say is that what I heard on the radio just blew my mind, some homage to Keith Jarrett in between, definitely on my bucket list to buy.

·
Registered
5,901 Posts

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
Also a big fan a Kenny Werner's playing and his book. I need to read it again and let it soak in some more.

·
Forum Contributor 2016, Distinguished SOTW Member
12,793 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts