Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm going to San Antonio on business for a week. Rather than spend my off time sitting in a hotel room and listening to the ipod, I thought I might find some jazz. Anyone know some good jazz clubs in the area?

·
Registered
534 Posts
I'm not sure about jazz clubs but I remember when I went to San Antonio a couple of years ago and I was walking by the Riverwalk there was a restaurant with tables outside and a small stage with a guy playing the sax with another guy playing the piano.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I figured it would be slim pickins. Thanks

·
Non Resident SOTW Eccentric & 2012 Forum Contribut
3,259 Posts
Jim Cullens Big Band plays on the riverwalk at the Landing most nights. I was there a month ago and while I got food poisoning so didn't make it to the evening session I had reserved for the afternoon duo of sax and piano was pretty decent.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,034 Posts
Jim Cullens Big Band plays on the riverwalk at the Landing most nights. I was there a month ago and while I got food poisoning so didn't make it to the evening session I had reserved for the afternoon duo of sax and piano was pretty decent.
I thought Cullens band was a dixieland band?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got to take in the the Prime Time Jazz Orchestra on Tuesday night. Great band and good music. Thanks for the word.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts