Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I'm looking into taking some Jazz improvisation instruction and was wondering if anyone had any experience taking lessons via the web or via dvd video, and can reccommend a good one? Thanks in advance!

·
Distinguished SOTW Columnist and Saxophonistic Art
6,260 Posts
Hi everyone. I'm looking into taking some Jazz improvisation instruction and was wondering if anyone had any experience taking lessons via the web or via dvd video, and can reccommend a good one? Thanks in advance!
Hi Mistereed...I teach on Skype.

If you have a curiosity and desire to learn and discover the possibilities of
music, you should check out my lessons on Skype.

I like to approach my lessons in a way that caters to the abilities
and developmental process of the student. This is "hands on" personal lessons-given by a player who has dedicated himself to the art for of jazz.

I teach at New School University in NYC / one of the top jazz school in the world , I am published by Hal Leonard /Have 3 books on saxophone, and also
am a working pro. Check my web site at www.timpricejazz.com

Fundamentals are always emphasized, including time, technique, harmony, and sense of melodic development, but I also want to cultivate the creative interest in a student. My job is to bring the YOU out in the music, not just a bunch of licks.

Here's how it works: We schedule a lesson day and time. It works exactly like an in-person lesson, except we see and hear each other on the computer screen. For the first lesson, I'll ask you to play something for me...anything you like...scales, a song, one of my etudes, etc. I'll listen to you play, take some notes and create a customized lesson plan. I'll give you very specific things to practice to improve your tone, as well as some things to help your ear-training, technique, jazz vocabulary, articulation, and also practice strategies to get the most out of your practice time.

Some students have lessons once a week, and some like to have a lesson every other week - results happen from that evolution. Let my experience be your guide !

If your interested, please get me at [email protected]

THANK YOU :)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dubrosa22, Tim, and Randy. Thank you all for the information. I will review everything you all supplied and from there decide what is best for me. Thank you again!
Sent from my Windows 7 phone using Board Express.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts