Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I published my first book!! It was definitely a learning experience...if any of you are slightly interested in self-publishing, I say go for it. I can't wait to get better and start my second one.

If you're interested in learning about using the pentatonic scale (at a very basic level)...check it out below and please leave a review!

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GV2HJ13

·
Registered
340 Posts
I downloaded your book. The scale recommendations are very good and the patterns are great. It's a really handy guide to the most useful pentatonic patterns.

But I have to ask for a major fix. On page 7, where you discuss the best pentatonics for a dominant 7th chord, your use of "m" to designate a flatted scale degree is very confusing. For example, you use the terminology "m2" for a Db pentatonic over a C7 chord. However you then use b5 for a Gb pentatonic. I strongly recommend you simply use b2 for a flatted second pentatonic and b3 for the flatted third. I could see a beginner becoming horribly confused over whether to use a Db pentatonic (Db Eb F Ab Bb) or Dm pentatonic (D F G A C) in a C7 chord.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts