Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love to play and listen to Jazz and Gospel but I can never pinpoint a favorite whenever I am asked because there are so many but I must say that playing and most of all listening to Cannonball gives me that special feeling and it just takes me away. So I must ask, what is your favorite to listen to and play and why does it give you that special feeling?

·
Distinguished Member, Forum Contributor 2012-2015
5,895 Posts
Mercy Mercy Mercy. It's really spiritual, powerful and bluesy at the same time. Cannonball Adderley's versions of it are a must listen.

·
Registered
336 Posts
My all time favorite is : "His Eye Is On The Sparrow" I love to hear it and play it. It has a special meaning for me.

·
Registered
923 Posts
WOW, so many I can't really pick just one. "He Looked Beyond My Fault", "Amazing Grace", "Near the Cross", "Farther Along", "His Eye is on the Sparrow", "Great Is They Faithfulness", "Draw Me Nearer", "Blessed Assurance", .... I have played all of these on several occasions.

Didn't interpret your question in the sense that you were asking about "players" but more so songs played.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,833 Posts
kirk whalum is very much into the gospel/jazz scene,,very soulful plays with a lot of emotion you hear the gospel in most he plays..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
One of my most favorite Cannonball Adderley songs too though my version sounds nothing like his!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have played many gospel songs but I have never played it and I'm ashamed to admit it. It's a great song and I'm going to play it this evening.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts