394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lesson 1 - Saxophone Mouthpiece and Reed Setup Guide

Lesson 2 - Saxophone Embouchure & How to Make a Good Sound

Lesson 3 - Saxophone Setup, Ideal Hand & Body Position

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
I'm not sure if you're Jay, but these videos and others posted (for sale or through youtube) that I've used tend to be well shot and on point (low to no BS and very useful/well thought out content).

·
Registered
821 Posts
I have finished several of Jay's online classes, and i have to say they are all amazing.
These intro lesson videos are repackaging of his older ones on YouTube but are nice, especially for new players.
They would have saved me a lot of time if they were around when i started.
I have my daughter watch them so she knows what good habits are.

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Jay Metcalf's video teaching presentations are a welcome improvement over the "run of the mill" self described experts whose "teaching videos" are nothing more than the unorganized ramblings of someone fascinated by the sound of his own voice who takes 20 minutes to dispense 60 seconds of information.

I always like to present the "master teacher of saxophone" Eugene Rousseau's "Steps to Excellence" as the ideal teaching videos others should strive to emulate where every word and sentence is clear and concise and there is no wasted time with unnecessary verbiage or off topic comments. I did not have the opportunity to study with Dr. Rousseau myself, but have attended a few of his master classes and had to opportunity to take lessons from one of his former students whose teaching style closely patterns his.

[video]http://rousseaumusicproducts.com/discussions.html[/video]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts