Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the Japanese version of Nefertiti`s mouthpiece clips page...This guy is amazing. He has clips of himself playing just about EVERY mouthpiece ever made for EVERY horn...It`s all in Japanese so you may want to make sure you browswer can at least read it to make the page more clear to see...but you should be able to navigate and listen. There are clips for ALL the horns...He even has a section where he compared the Saxworks piece with a Dukoff D8 and P8 in mulitple styles...really cool page...

Check it out!

http://mpcroom.hp.infoseek.co.jp/AltoMouthpiece.html

This is the link to the ALTO Pieces page only...
Have fun!

Nitro

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
4,147 Posts
Holy crap. We should get this guy to get some pics for the mouthpiece museum...

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
34,760 Posts
Harrumph... no Lambersons?

I am eager to see whether anyone has images of any acetal mouthpieces. It's like taking a picture of a ghost.

·
Premium Member
26,254 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
34,760 Posts
That one looks dark and dense to me, almost like hard rubber.

I'd show you a picture of my acetal mouthpieces but like I said... it's like taking a picture of a ghost. The stuff is milky white and a person is hard pressed to see it easily. I'm amazed that Fred can work on the material. Of course, maybe he's so good that he really does tweak 'em with his eyes closed.

I'll try to share some shots at the Mouthpiece Museum when I figure it out.

·
Premium Member
26,254 Posts
Dr G said:
That one looks dark and dense to me, almost like hard rubber.

I'd show you a picture of my acetal mouthpieces but like I said... it's like taking a picture of a ghost. The stuff is milky white and a person is hard pressed to see it easily. I'm amazed that Fred can work on the material. Of course, maybe he's so good that he really does tweak 'em with his eyes closed.

I'll try to share some shots at the Mouthpiece Museum when I figure it out.
Ack, you edited about the acetal while I was looking at the site, you sneaky guy.;):D Actually, I got some pics of an acetal SB from Bassax a few weeks ago. It looked a bit bluish, but the detail was very good.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2008
830 Posts
There is a Lamberson on ebay right now, the Acetal version. Tenor, I think. Not a bad pic.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013
2,892 Posts
I'm kinda surprised you guys just noticed this site....I believe there are old threads on "the mouthpiece room".........

·
Banned
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey sorry to post a link that has already beenposted up here...
Steve, sorry to misspell your screen name!

·
Banned
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I played the bamboo piece btw...its terrible...:(

And since most Japanese are rich, they have the means to get ANY mouthpiece they want and they get them by any means necessary...Vintage is all the better...they:ll drop 1000$ on a day trip to the beach...so they see no problem dropping 1000$ on an awesome vintage piece...its really quite extraordinary...the way money flows in this country...

·
Distinguished Member, Forum Contributor 2013-2016
7,892 Posts
ianhart said:
Ah, the joys of a booming economy... Wish we had one here in the US.
It has nothing to do with "economy". There is a special tree called the the Japanese Money Tree that only grows in certain parts of the world. Apparently, you can cultivate these to grow yen, dollars, or whatever currency you want. Unfortunately, they cannot be grown here in North America...

·
Registered
268 Posts
J.Max said:
It has nothing to do with "economy". There is a special tree called the the Japanese Money Tree that only grows in certain parts of the world. Apparently, you can cultivate these to grow yen, dollars, or whatever currency you want. Unfortunately, they cannot be grown here in North America...
The cost of living over there is rediculously high, so it seems like people are getting more, but they are really just spending more. Granted they do have some things on Americans, such as electronics... wow they have some nice cell phones. :p

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.