Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Logician
26,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone in my brass band sent me this clip from last May when our brass band went to New Orleans to take in the jazz fest and play in the French Quarter. Half the group stayed in this beautiful house in the garden district, which had a nice baby grand piano in the front parlor. Randy, our bari player was on the piano one morning and I picked up the horn and joined him. Didn't even know it was being recorded at the time. But it just brings back some great memories from that trip, and that home we stayed in:

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared/pMVxj_4uT9C2K-3zmE9_HA.pWSd-H0_0M3g2K97jNde1h

·
26,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Where's the house? Wife would love that piano next time we come down.
Well, that spot was a special hookup for us, and not available for public rental. We played two parties in the French Quarter to earn it, and there was another spot they had in a downtown warehouse for the other half of the group. Looks like we're gonna be down there again for one of the jazz fest weekends in 2020. That was my first time... and the laundry list of players I could claim to have witnessed over only three days out of eight... well, you gotta get down there some time if you've never been.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Grumps - Great sound!

·
26,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1 - 8 of 8 Posts