Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, if anyone is in London this Tuesday night then come down to the Lower Ground Bar, 269a West End Lane, West Hampstead, NW61QS.

I'm playing with my Quartet (the same as on the Youtube links below) featuring Mike Outram on guitar (one of the best-anywhere), Dominic Howles on Bass and Matt Home on drums. We've played together for 10 years (16 with Dominic) and it's always the most fun gig I do.

We're playing from 9.00pm 12.00am and there's a £3.00 charge, you can read a bit about the band in this week's Time Out. The Bar stays open late after the gig too :twisted:

Hope to see you there.
Jamie O'D.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I'd love to come but childcare forbids it. Is it regular?

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
They have Jazz every week but it's a different band each time. It's usually a good gig. Christian Brewer organizes it and plays there a lot.

It's nice around here at the moment. There's the 'Oxford' in Kentish Town on a Monday (part of the Loop collective-I'm going tonight) , The 'Richard Steele's' in Belsize Park also on a Monday (That's with Steve Fishwick, Leon Greening, Alex Garnett, Steve Brown et al).

Should be fun tomorrow
Jamie

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Crazydaisydoo, did I really say that about Cherokee? I must have been in workaholic mode.

It looks like your playing a lot so just keep doing what you're doing. It's nice hearing another alto player who digs Art Pepper too.

Have you checked out Alison Neale? She's a really good friend of mine who plays alto with Dave Cliff a lot-She knows tons about Art Pepper. I'm sure you'd like her playing.
Here she is:-
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=103202330

Best, Jamie

1 - 5 of 5 Posts