Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a lot, I mean a TON of interesting things to take in on this vid.
1) Moody's super duper hip seat cover sports jacket is hopelessly hip.
2) Moody's playing is stunning. There are some incredibly hip lines he plays here I'm going to transcribe this weekend. What a monster... flat out. FO SHO.
3) His...mouthpiece????? What in da heck is up with dat????? I do not know what to think...
4) He's such an original voice. The Cat is from another planet.

Stitt on a Mk Vll or SA 80 to my ears sounds very nice but fairly pedestrian compared to Moody's inspirational sermon. Just my 4 shekels.... Dig it.

·
SOTW Administrator
26,206 Posts
The last two times I heard him, he was playing a RPC .150b with a bari sax reed on a Keilworth tenor.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
There is a lot, I mean a TON of interesting things to take in on this vid.
1) Moody's super duper hip seat cover sports jacket is hopelessly hip.
2) Moody's playing is stunning. There are some incredibly hip lines he plays here I'm going to transcribe this weekend. What a monster... flat out. FO SHO.
3) His...mouthpiece????? What in da heck is up with dat????? I do not know what to think...
4) He's such an original voice. The Cat is from another planet.

Stitt on a Mk Vll or SA 80 to my ears sounds very nice but fairly pedestrian compared to Moody's inspirational sermon. Just my 4 shekels.... Dig it.

5) Milt Jackson's collar

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
TENOR, soprano, alto, baritone
7,414 Posts
'His...mouthpiece????? What in da heck is up with dat????? I do not know what to think...'

What's it to you what he's playing??? Are you talking about the emergency fix with the paper? Maybe he was in a hurry.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts