Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015
2,323 Posts
R.I.P. can't forget Gunsmoke but i remember seeing as a kid the reruns of his early career in Sci-Fi action monster flics too which is way different from the nice cowboy image he had in film.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
5,444 Posts
Will never forget Gunsmoke, Matt Dillon, Kitty, Doc, and Festus too! Even now on Sunday evenings my now older kids enjoy listening to the old radio broadcasts of Gunsmoke on one of the local NPR stations. 6'6'' and his brother is Peter Graves! Knew he was tall, but had no idea Graves was a brother!

May Jim RIP.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Festus is KING!!! James Arness was of Norwegian heritage; James Aurness, his family emmigrated from Norway to US in 1887!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013
11,501 Posts
RIP Matt Dillon. I don't think my family missed an episode of Gunsmoke. He shot second at the start of every episode and survived for over 20 years! Working on that show seemed to be good for your longevity. James Arness - icon.

·
Banned
28,511 Posts
My dad was a big fan of westerns, so I grew up loving them too. That was one of my favorite TV shows back then, along with Have Gun Will Travel and Rawhide. Matt Dillon will never be forgotten.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts