1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
297 Posts
I'll be watching this as well, Carl. I have the same question and seem to always be shifting ground when it comes to reed cases, looking for the best piece of equipment for the job. The Jakob Winter cases really LOOK cool, by the way. I need all the class I can get. It might distract people from my playing.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My case came in a week ago. I really like it, the construction is sturdy with a good hinge that doesn't seem like it'll break (a common Selmer issue). There are two panes of glass on each side, it looks about 1/4" thick, the panes slanted as to allow reeds on each side, up to six in total. Reeds are held in with a nylon/elastic band with segments knitted through the glass, very nice! As a bonus, there are ventilation holes on each side of the case, so your reeds will not mold up.

My reeds are definitely safer in this case and don't seem to really warp. Everything plays great and the tables are kept flat on the reed. Overall I think it's a great product for a killer price. If your Selmer breaks, I'd pick one of these up.

Pictures: http://imgur.com/a/zOO3X#FQjrY

1 - 5 of 5 Posts