Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jakob Winter JW2197 bari case versus SKB-455W bari case

Good morning all, I have an ongoing issue with the Jakob Winter case that came with my JK SX90 low A Bari. The integrity of the frame, latches, hinges are fine but little to no reinforcement was engineered into the case's design around the feet/bumpers and the shell is weak in those areas with no filler. The original feet and some of the shell attached to them broke off a while back and I found a set of quality rubber feet washer reinforced that installed easily in place. The issue now is the case is forming a fairly large split near one of the feet that I can probably fill in with some expanding material that is black so that the case doesn't look completely hideous.

Anyway I like the case and wish to save it but its shell is so flimsy around the inner core on its spine that I'm probably better off replacing it. It's still available new on the market, but the SKB case looks so much nicer and stronger and it's also advertised as being light weight. Anyone have one that they use with a JK low A Bari? Any thoughts or anecdotical input would be appreciated.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts