Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all , is there a way to get selected tracks on the JA series or complete Cds without getting the book?

I've burned out the record albums Then the Cds are skipping on all the good tunes I like.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2014
2,323 Posts
They would make a ton more money if they sold them as individual tracks in my opinion.
Really? I will often find that I play 2-3 tunes per CD. Unless the per tune price is high they make a lot more on a CD.

·
Forum Contributor 2016, Distinguished SOTW Member
13,176 Posts
Really? I will often find that I play 2-3 tunes per CD. Unless the per tune price is high they make a lot more on a CD.
I'm not talking per purchase but because of volume. More people will buy one track instead of trying to find free alternatives on the Internet. Most people want the product they are buying immediately these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, some of the tracks I really don't care about so per track would be awesome but I bet as a businessman he would rather sell the whole CD and Book

·
Registered
278 Posts
I have imagined that they could continue to sell the book cd package and sell individual tunes as downloads without the music. It seems like that would be a way to expand the overall market and is more in line with current music distribution models. Obviously, so far they don't agree.

·
Forum Contributor 2016, Distinguished SOTW Member
13,176 Posts
The problem is a student wants to practice one song because that is what he is working on. He can't afford to dish out 20.00 for a book of it so they look online and end up downloading it for free. (stealing it) If it was a single song download then the student would go and download it from itunes or even the Aebersold website for .99. Over time they would keep going back to get songs. If it was at Aebersolds website then they would get the majority of the money instead of giving it to itune. They build a loyal customer base. Customers buy other things while they are at the site. Less people download them for free. (stealing) That's the way I see it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts