Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
TOTM administrator
Tenor: Eastman 52nd St, Alto: P. Mauriat 67RDK, Soprano: Eastern Music Curvy
5,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My Youtube Hiatus is finally over, as I'm continuing my practice regiment and have been increasingly happy with my alto sound. Here is "Snakes" and my best attempt at channeling Sanborn.

This song has piqued my interest for so long, I've actually been transcribing from David Sanborn's solo on this tune and attempting to reuse some of his phrases. This is new-ish territory for me, and I'm trying to really expand my playing ability and overall sax language. I hope you can hear my improvement and I appreciate any comments, criticisms, or things to work on!. Let me know if you can hear the Sanborn lines and I hope you all enjoy!

·
Administrator Emeritus
17,447 Posts
Well done Jared, that was an enjoyable take to listen too, lots of energy. :)

I can for sure hear the results of all the hard work have been putting in last year. Your timing and improvisation skills improved a lot. Your sound did also improve, but important things to work on further are intonation and tuning.

·
TOTM administrator
Tenor: Eastman 52nd St, Alto: P. Mauriat 67RDK, Soprano: Eastern Music Curvy
5,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well done Jared, that was an enjoyable take to listen too, lots of energy. :)

I can for sure hear the results of all the hard work have been putting in last year. Your timing and improvisation skills improved a lot. Your sound did also improve, but important things to work on further are intonation and tuning.
Thank you very much for the kind words Peter! It's been a fun ride for sure. Always appreciative of the comments and I felt like I this is a good summation of the areas I worked hard last year. Glad to have your feedback Peter :)

Now me and my tuner have to go have a fight. Long tones are coming....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts