Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 4 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, Im from Argentina and I want to enter to the world of saxophone. I'm 21 years old and have played the guitar for the last 10 years or so, and felt the need to play another instrument. The sax it was, so all the search and questions began. Though I believe I prefer the tenor, I'm starting with an alto.

I want to stay away from Chinese Horns. I'd also prefer a Horn that makes me wanna practice, that's easy going. Maybe it doesn't sound all that good but encourages you to practice with an easier playing.

The thing is, my dad is travelling to the US soon (before Aug 14) and I want to buy a sax and have it shipped to the hotel. Money constrains means I have to buy one used. Since I don't want to take the risk and dive onto what eBay has to offer I contacted Hyson music and they offered me some used ones, with guarantee that they're in good shape, will play well, etc. 1 year guarantee in case I have any problem.

They had to offer:

King 665, 600USD
Vito Japan, 600USD
Conn 24M 500USD
Selmer AS300, 500USD

Couldn't find much info on the king or the Conn. Little bit about the Selmer too. Did find lot's of info about the Vito being a yts23 copy, which is an excellent beginner sax(or so they say). I know they're a little overpriced, but that's the price to pay to make sure you get something playable.

So, which one would you choose? Why?

Thank you beforehand for your help!

Bye,
Caito.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I edited the original thread and it disappeared, any clue why?

Ill wait a bit, else, Im writing it again.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I made the post again, and it needs approval. This one needs also? I don't know what is happenning and can't PM a mod either.

EDIT:

It seems everything is fine now. Sorry for the double post, I'm not used to the approval thing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So, now that everything got back to normal(thanks mods!), which of the proposed 4 would you buy, why?

1 - 4 of 5 Posts