Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
SOTW Columnist and Forum Contributor 2015-2016
3,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I look at different posts on the forum, I see a ton of members who have not yet donated in 2011. I myself fell victim to this for over 3 months? It's almost April!

A $10 or $20 donation won't hurt; support this forum!

The button to donate is at the top of the forum!

- Saxaholic

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
13,619 Posts
Does anyone want to do a larger partnership donation?

Last year NJHarmonizer sent me a piece (it was an alto Link). I preformed my Custom Link job on it, sold it and gave the proceeds to the forum.

We both got credit (so to speak) and the forum got a more than decent contribution.

If I dont hear from anyone I will post a thread as it has been on my mind the last few weeks.

Phil

·
3,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've been trying to organize something with Harri where we do a mouthpiece lottery each month or something, with all proceeds going to SOTW and the lucky winner getting the featured mouthpiece.

Getting in touch with him has been a complete nightmare, I eventually gave up. Maybe he'll see this thread and touch base.

- Saxaholic

·
Registered
299 Posts
I've been trying to organize something with Harri where we do a mouthpiece lottery each month or something, with all proceeds going to SOTW and the lucky winner getting the featured mouthpiece.
- Saxaholic
Great idea!

·
3,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I thought it would work well. There's a couple of ways it could operate, and I wanted to bounce the idea off of Harri to see if he could approve it. I would need him to confirm with me when people purchased the "tickets" so we could add their names etc. etc. There would need to be as much transparency as humanly possible.

I think it's a fantastic idea and would love to get started on it; but need the OK from the big guy.

- Saxaholic

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Mouthpiece lottery....Saxaholic,a great idea!
How about this,
If you want to participate, you pay 30-50USD for 12lotterys.A mouthpiece/month.
SOTW will order them from different makers....a"mystery mouthpiece"....we don´t know the piece is...
It´s a win-win-WIN sitaution for all...we get the exitement for 30USD...SOTW gets the financing (I believe MANY will participate)....mouthpiecemakers get job....everybody is :)
The only problem is the lottery law...and how to do the lottery,practically...

·
Forum Contributor 2015-17
831 Posts
Just donated 10 bucks :^)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts