Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Forum Contributor 2016, Distinguished SOTW Member
12,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried one of these? I did a search online and there isn't much out there on them. There is an Ishimori website but it's all in Japananese so I have no idea what it is saying. If anyone knows someone with the company and can give me there contact info I would love to do a review of one of these pieces. Any info on how they play I would love to hear also. Thanks, Steve

·
Premium Member
15,480 Posts
Excellent mpcs! I have had a few of these now and these are great pieces. Hard rubber is like a vintage hard rubber slant link with more power,
and the metal is like a guardala king handmade---powerful and focussed!

My friend rafael navarro who is a great mouthpiece refacer and player---thinks these are fabulous too. He was over the house yesterday and we were playing these and both loved them.

·
12,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does anyone know how to get a hold of this company and order one? The site is all in Japanese. I sent them an email in english but they haven't responded. I would love to try one of these. Though...........The problem with buying one straight out is that the name isn't well known so if I don't like it and have to resell it I'll probably lose 30%-50% of my money. I guess I can just wait until they make it over seas...........

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
The Saxophoneshop in Deventer Holland stock them and are great people to deal with.....they all speak perfect english and would probably send you a couple to try.Their website is: www.saxshop.nl

·
Registered
437 Posts
A friend of mine plays an ishimori and told me that it's great , I'm curious and I'd like to try one, but how...?
This person lives 200 Kilometers far for me, and he doesn't have other mouthpieces to play.
I found strange that a renowed company doesn't have an english web site, anyway this seems to be the truth.
Bye

·
Registered
240 Posts
Hi Selmer,
the mouthpiece is not listed on the webside, right? Personal contact necessary?
Did you you try one of the pieces?

10mfan seems to be the only one who played that piece?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,870 Posts
Does anyone know how to get a hold of this company and order one? The site is all in Japanese. I sent them an email in english but they haven't responded. I would love to try one of these. Though...........The problem with buying one straight out is that the name isn't well known so if I don't like it and have to resell it I'll probably lose 30%-50% of my money. I guess I can just wait until they make it over seas...........
You can use google translate to translate the japanese

·
Banned
2,248 Posts
Neff-Just email Mr. Ishimori and write simple English. I think they do ship some smaller items internationally like mouthpieces and reeds etc. But beware the mouthpieces are REALLY expensive. Probably in the same ballpark as Theo Wanne's top end pieces.
I think Tom Scott is on their metal tenor piece now.

R

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I've been to the Ishimori shop twice during my travels to Tokyo. It is THE shop to visit while you're there. They have all the greats' pics and autographs on their walls. Great place.
I didn't see the mouthpieces while I was there. Maybe I missed them.
Anyway, I have the email for their English contact. The contact person speaks and emails in good English. PM me.

Steve, do inform us when you have done the reviews.
I can't wait.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I live just a few minutes train ride from the Ishimori store and I can honestly say that everything they make is of the highest quality. I have one of their HR mouthpieces (7 tip) for sale on the forum right now if anyone is interested.

·
12,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I've been to the Ishimori shop twice during my travels to Tokyo. It is THE shop to visit while you're there. They have all the greats' pics and autographs on their walls. Great place.
I didn't see the mouthpieces while I was there. Maybe I missed them.
Anyway, I have the email for their English contact. The contact person speaks and emails in good English. PM me.

Steve, do inform us when you have done the reviews.
I can't wait.
Sorry, I did do the reviews a while ago but forgot to post it on here. These are really great mouthpieces. The workmanship on these is stellar and they play great. If you go to my site and do a search for Ishimori they will come up.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Probably the HR Ishimori is similar to Rafael Navarro's Maestro, i'm curious to a comparison of these two. Anybody tried them both?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts