Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've owned six mouthpieces whose manufacturer stated that the pieces were "hand finished by Eric Falcon." I discovered that only two of those six pieces were initialed. I wrote to Eric (a while back, in 2016) asking him to clarify what – if anything – this means. But as seems to be endemic among mouthpiece manufacturers and refacers lately, taking a couple of minutes to respond proved much too difficult, and Eric opted to not write back.

I don't know if the initials indicate anything – or if the absence of initials indicates anything. I'm just curious.

View attachment 208362 View attachment 208370

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
4,578 Posts
I've had a few of his pieces, two of which were re-faced Links, and those two had EF with the tip opening next to it on the side. Now, maybe some of the pieces he makes for mfg's won't have his initials at their request? I don't know. And yeah, not surprised he's not answering your email lol

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
32,932 Posts
Eric told me that he initialed the inside of the pieces he faced for Warburton while working there. I don’t know whether he does that on all MacSax, 10mfan, Retro Revival, ad nauseum.

Interesting question.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013
7,354 Posts
Eric told me that he initialed the inside of the pieces he faced for Warburton while working there. I don’t know whether he does that on all MacSax, 10mfan, Retro Revival, ad nauseum.

Interesting question.
There are reports of folks buying Warburton pieces direct from Eric without any signature markings in them.

At this point I don't know anymore.

My Warburton plays so great I don't care whether he faced it or not. I don't have anything to prove to anybody.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
32,932 Posts
There are reports of folks buying Warburton pieces direct from Eric without any signature markings in them.

At this point I don't know anymore.

My Warburton plays so great I don't care whether he faced it or not. I don't have anything to prove to anybody.
And the good news is that no one is asking you to prove anything. That’s not the issue.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
And yeah, not surprised he's not answering your email lol
Why are you not surprised? I'm surprised. It seems like a legitimate question to me, and one that could be answered in five minutes in many different ways (depending on a particular refacer's practices) without revealing any proprietary information.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
4,578 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2017
1,994 Posts
Initials or not, I would be nervous if I were the handful of mouthpiece companies totally dependent on his services! One guy can only do so much and he's got to be reaching critical mass sometime soon!

·
Registered
247 Posts
I have four pieces for Eric and all have his initials. 3 have tip size.

3 Macsax and the 10mfan Showboat. All alto pieces. I didn't know he initialed his work.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I have four pieces from Eric and three out of four include his initials and the tip opening.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts