Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
14,268 Posts
I have an A-WO1 which SHOULD look like a bronze one but with a different body material. There are a few things that don't match up between the horn in the eBay auction and mine.

Mine has a brass left-thumb rest, the model designation is "WO1" (no "A" included), and the serial number begins with two zeros followed by six numbers. The font used to mark it as "MADE IN JAPAN" is smaller than the serial-number and model font. DAVE

·
Registered
5,241 Posts
Clearly FAKE. The high F# key is Chinese. The serial number is ludicrously wrong (the actual number, not just the "look"). The LH thumb rest is plastic. These are just the immediately apparent things.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
TENOR, soprano, alto, baritone
7,443 Posts
Apparently has plastic 'pearls' too. I know this won't get through to anyone but there's no sense in attacking ebay for what gets posted on it. Ebay obviously cannot verify the authenticity of any item - they depend on users reporting suspected fakes or banned items. In a case like this it would take a professional appraisal to force the auction to end. Ebay already bans replica/knockoff items and this is certainly one, but no matter how many report it, it will have to be verified by someone knowledgeable about saxes. That's eBay's business, not ours. We report it and whatever happens, happens.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts