Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Distinguished SOTW Member
14,313 Posts
They are not intentionally concave. They are left concave because they still play well enough with a concave table. They are concave because the facings are milled and done quickly. They are "allowed" to be convex because this gives the cut off material some place to go. So its not a goal, its an exception. I prefer not to make that exception.

· Distinguished SOTW Member
14,313 Posts
When I set up shop in Europe I began what felt like a massive clean up job of big names. I seriously wondered how many years the worked with no measuring tools or tables. It must be the case because my dog can measure better.

That acknowledged, Im just gonna say this once and its not personal or a professional jab. Ive known a lot of talented young people. Their most common trait is persistent attempts to argue away experience and the effect of time. Its understandable but for those who have been around the block....well, it just gets as old as time itself.

Talent is great and it deserves regard but it does not always translate into knowledge. In the same breath I will agree that there are also a lot od old idiots. Just keep in mind that others lack of knowledge does not contribute to making us any smarter. Its bestbto measure ones self against good...not poor. All in all a measured response and a serving of humility goes a long way when it ia combined with talent.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts