Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I doubt someone could tell from the photo I took but I thought I'd try because I'm curious. (I didn't think I'd be posting to SOTW) I think it's an Evette, but I'm not sure. It had no marking on it whatsoever, or at least as far as I could tell. No pearl on the keys, just like kinda flat metal. Looked at a lot of pics online but they all had pearls on the keys.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2009
4,507 Posts
yes an early Buffet Crampon tenor. Soldered tone holes, double octave mechanism (if no one modified it). They have a very "meaty" tone, like a good 10M or a BA. Fonr a horn this ancient it's surprisingly well behaved and has a manageable intonation.

·
4,507 Posts
after zooming in, yes, that's a double octave mechanism (non automatic). It should have had a single straight cut graved signature on the left side of the bell. Maybe it's buffed... or being unlacquered it was over rubbed in the signature area.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Juan.

I didn't get to play test it because the store was closing but I snapped the pic really fast because I thought the horn looked pretty cool. But yeah as far as I could see there were no markings anywhere. Clean slate.

·
4,507 Posts
did you hold it ni your hands or just looked at it as it hangs? the marks are on the other side of the bell

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I didn't get to take it down due to the store closing. So I guess I didn't see it. But there wasn't anything on any part of the other side.

·
4,507 Posts
yeah, nothing on that side. Weird but that's the way it is. Imagine a VI hanged on the other side of the hallmark... :bluewink:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts