1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. :]
Well I was browsing the Internet and guess what I found -
a YTS-62II for $1799!!!
I'm tight on the budget, but I want a new horn, a pro.
And so I know that its $700 less than everywhere else,
but I'm not so sure if this is really a good deal.
Well, I already sent two emails, but none were answered.
I'm gonna be calling the place, to get more info.
But I also found out that they don't know much about saxes.
They thought that the YTS-62 was an alto, and advertises
it as one. Can anyone suggest if this is a fraud, or they are
actually selling a real thing??
Thanks guys :)
Oh yea almost forgot -
site is www.bestpriceinc.com
go to "musical instruments"
and it is there halfway down.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2014
4,315 Posts
You can get a better deal

Thats not a bad price, but selmer series II are going for that price on ebay. I think quinntheeskimo has one for 1850. That website may be legit, but it looks pretty juvenile....You know though, if you really wanna great deal on a horn, try to find an sx90 tenor keilwerth. you can have then for under 2k and they are excellent ergonomics and excellent design..I guess you can guess what horn I play.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Looks fishy to me. It says "NEW 2005 MODEL". They mistake an alto for a tenor. The contact email is a hotmail account....

$800 cheaper than a retailer seems pretty crazy.

It could just be a business that get a ton of wholesale stock; stuff that was new in 2005?

How do they take orders?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
5,528 Posts
Those are some pretty good price on new horns. They're cheap, but not unbelievably cheap. It may be legit.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,487 Posts
to me it looks very much like an amateurish warehouse clearance, they picture the boxes, which is odd,

·
Registered
107 Posts
Try getting a Ser #

Also,,, is this a reconditioned horn??? I have no false motives for the following either. I before getting my Paris Alto & Tenor, did lots of research and made lots of phone calls. Some of the large shops mentioned on these boards have guys that work on any and all sax's. But some shops are absoluted experts on the horns they sell and service. In the interest of total fairness, I in the interest of hearing the sells pitch, bought the tenor from a different shop than the shop that I bought the Alto. The shop I got the Alto from was pretty much a sax master and attention to detail was his pride. I chose to get the Tenor from an outfit out west because it was 400.00 less. What a mistake, even though the models were identical. Hope that helped. Regards.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts