Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
I don't think so. It's relacquered and needs a pad job. Junkdude has 2 relacquered big B's that don't need pads for only a few hundred more. Stay safe and go there.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jacobeid. Will look at Junkdude.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
14,268 Posts
My favorite alto is a Big B, but I agree with Jacob. You are looking at a horn that will most likely play great once you put another $700+/- into it. That would put it up over $1200.00 and that may be too mu8ch for one in this horn's condition. DAVE

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Dave. That's way beyond my budget.

·
6,862 Posts
That's the same seller who had a similarly challenged Martin Handcraft tenor for sale. I envy the quality of his photos, but I wish he'd figure out how to post them properly!

Rory

·
3,240 Posts
The price is a good buy for a repairer to buy and re-sell and Rory is correct about his stupid ebay postings!!!
Dave

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Dave Dolson said:
My favorite alto is a Big B, but I agree with Jacob. You are looking at a horn that will most likely play great once you put another $700+/- into it. That would put it up over $1200.00 and that may be too mu8ch for one in this horn's condition. DAVE
Yeah..$1200 would be way too much. I bought a Big B with original lacquer, new pads, and a set up from a dealer for $1000.

Junkdude has one relacquered big B for $785. That's definetly the way to go there. You have the safety and security of doing business with a dealer, while still paying less than you would on ebay. If you'd like me to..since I'll be there on Saturday, I'll give the horn a quick blow and see if it's worth your time.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
jacobeid said:
Yeah..$1200 would be way too much. I bought a Big B with original lacquer, new pads, and a set up from a dealer for $1000.

Junkdude has one relacquered big B for $785. That's definetly the way to go there. You have the safety and security of doing business with a dealer, while still paying less than you would on ebay. If you'd like me to..since I'll be there on Saturday, I'll give the horn a quick blow and see if it's worth your time.
Sure Jacob. Would really appreciate it. Thanks again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts