Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
38,782 Posts
none of the two.

look at the most distinctive feature the left hand plateau

yours

This is NOT a Yanagisawa ( although it might be a Nikkan? But I doubt it).

It might very well be an early Taiwanese horn (look at the alternative F# key which uses the same piece of metal with MOP as the G#, this was something similar (but not the same) done in the Keilwerth Toneking Special (where it appears on the high F#) , but yours is not one of those).

That very large C key (reminding of the Mark VII) Looks like a brand called Century that I see here but it is a cheap sax.

this is a T5

this is a T4

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, that F# key got my attention too, wanted to make sure it was not an older model I am not familiar with

thanks much

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
38,782 Posts
incredibly someone here in the NL is just sellign this very same sax (which appears to be a copy of a quasi Mark VII by the way).

Branded New Sound and for very little amount of money there is no clear picture of the G# but the other keys that I spoke about are a positive ID.

Chinese or Vietnamese.

Cheap.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2017
1,994 Posts
incredibly someone here in the NL is just sellign this very same sax (which appears to be a copy of a quasi Mark VII by the way).

Branded New Sound and for very little amount of money there is no clear picture of the G# but the other keys that I spoke about are a positive ID.

Chinese or Vietnamese.

Cheap.

They just take it out of the fridge? Looks like a chilled can of beer!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts