Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seller thinks it is a T800 or T880, maybe it is not...

Serial is 00132081

Attachments

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
TENOR, soprano, alto, baritone
8,090 Posts
I don't know, but it's the one I've been looking for ever since I saw one with 'Martin' on it.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
14,399 Posts
I THINK the 880-series had dual arms on the low B and low C# pad cups - at least my A-880 did. The horn in the photos did not have dual arms on those notes. DAVE

·
Registered
52 Posts
Also I believe the 800 and 880 series had blued steel springs and the 500 series had stainless springs.
The one above looks to have stainless springs.

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
41,136 Posts
Yes a T500 ( not pointed Stainless steel springs and no ribs are the giveaway).

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
41,136 Posts
Yes, it is not just wishful thinking but also a confusion due to the fact that these existed contemporarily.

The 500 series was a cheaper series destined to compete on the market, this doesn’t mean it is a bad horn, it just means that it is a cheaper horn than most sellers realize it ever was.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I have a yani stencil "whitehall" very simillar to this one getting an overhaul right now. But there are some differences and i am pretty sure mine one is older but i have no clue how older it could be...

No high f# on mine one and the pinky table really looks different but apart of that it really looks like the same horn i would say... Mine one as a mystery "4" neer the "japan" logo. I thought that would mean it would be a T4 for sure but then some one in fb said it should be a T5... Don't know why...

Here are some photos: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1EYfLMCVWRbN4A_Vs_K5CjEWoUvlDVkcf

Cheers

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have a yani stencil "whitehall" very simillar to this one getting an overhaul right now. But there are some differences and i am pretty sure mine one is older but i have no clue how older it could be...

No high f# on mine one and the pinky table really looks different but apart of that it really looks like the same horn i would say... Mine one as a mystery "4" neer the "japan" logo. I thought that would mean it would be a T4 for sure but then some one in fb said it should be a T5... Don't know why...

Here are some photos: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1EYfLMCVWRbN4A_Vs_K5CjEWoUvlDVkcf

Cheers
Looks like a later T4 judging by the pinky table.

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
I have a T4 like that labeled “Astro” and it plays well. I’ve used it for a road/bar horn and it’s built well.
The ergonomics are the closest to a Selmer I’ve found.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts