Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got this when I was in high school (mid 90s) but haven't played it since and would like to give it a good home, but also don't want to give it away too cheap. I recall it being the upper end USA model, just below the Paris line at the time, but I can't find anything concrete on model and value. Took it to a local shop but they weren't much help except to tell me that the pads where in good condition since I've taken good care of it and always kept in the case in good environment etc.

Serial number is 1135771. It says "Selmer USA" on the sax but nothing else. Has a high f# key, which is the metal kind not pearl on top. Original lacquer on the sax. From what I can tell, it's a TS200 - is that correct?

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide. Estimates on price I should ask for it would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
876 Posts
Probably. The AS110, which would've been Selmer USA's top-line model, was released (re-released?) in 1997. Presumably, any alto or tenor in the preceding decade that wasn't a Bundy II would've been the 200 as far as I know.

As for serial numbers, I think 1250000 was around 1997-ish, but I can't be sure yet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts