Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW member/, Official SOTW Sister
19,213 Posts
How is anyone supposed to tell from looking at keys and the engraving on the bell?
That's like me posting a photo of the back pockets of my jeans and asking if there's a pimple on my butt...
BTW... The bell says Evette. Is the Evette an SDA or a student/intermediate offering by Buffet? Think about it for a minute.

·
19,213 Posts
Um... An Evette and Schaeffer is NOT a Super Dynaction.
I guess you didn't catch that.
Google more. Ask less.

·
Registered
5,468 Posts
Sheesh! Look at the hundreds of pictures of Buffet Super Dynaction saxophones that you can find; then compare the instrument you are asking about.

By the way an "Evette Schaefer" with nickel plated keys is a mid-grade student instrument. These were largely supplanted by Yamaha in the mid to late 70s for student use.

Bandmommy, the "Evette AND Schaefer", to my understanding, is the engraving of very old Buffets (the real ones, the high quality ones). I may be proven wrong in the next few minutes.

·
Registered
5,468 Posts
Sheesh! Look at the hundreds of pictures of Buffet Super Dynaction saxophones that you can find; then compare the instrument you are asking about.

By the way an "Evette Schaefer" with nickel plated keys is a mid-grade student instrument. These were largely supplanted by Yamaha in the mid to late 70s for student use.

Bandmommy, the "Evette AND Schaefer", to my understanding, is the engraving of very old Buffets (the real ones, the high quality ones). I may be proven wrong in the next few minutes.

Interinfo, are you trying to buy a saxophone? You may find the whole process goes more smoothly if you work with an actual full time seller of saxophones. There are a number of well respected people who do business primarily on line and a number who have brick and mortar stores but also have an online presence. I would suggest you decide what you want and make some phone calls to saxophone dealers rather than asking dozens of individual questions over and over the answers to which you probably could find rather quickly.

·
19,213 Posts
My mistake adding the 'and'!
Even in the Buffet clarinet line the Evette is considered a mid level instrument, with maybe the exception of the Buffet Evette Master Model.
Either way, an Evette Schaeffer is still not a Super Dynaction. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts