Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2014
5,167 Posts
It's the first year of the Mark VI - The Neck looks to be original. Nice find.

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
This is one of those interesting transitional early Mark 6/SBA's. It has the strange transitional left hand pinky cluster which looks like a combination of SBA and MarkVI. Notice how the pillars are angled like a BA/SBA where as on a Mark Vi the are all on the same level. I very briefly owned one of these (only for one day and then I got buyers remorse and got a refund). There are a couple of threads somewhere on the forum about these horns.

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
This is one of those interesting transitional early Mark 6/SBA's. It has the strange transitional left hand pinky cluster which looks like a combination of SBA and MarkVI. Notice how the pillars are angled like a BA/SBA where as on a Mark Vi the are all on the same level. I very briefly owned one of these (only for one day and then I got buyers remorse and got a refund). There are a couple of threads somewhere on the forum about these horns.
This is spot on, but furthermore, every Selmer model is like this. There are transitional BA / SBA's, Radio Improved / BA's and so on and so forth. These transitional horns are really normally GREAT. They combine the sounds and features of both models in a lot of ways. The best Selmer I ever owned was a 34,xxx transitional BA / SBA. AMAZING SOUND!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts