Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
2,844 Posts
Looks real to me. This seller is well established. I tried to by a horn outside of Ebay from him before. He wouldn't do it.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I don't know what you see that makes you question it. It looks completely authentic to me. I have a AWO20 and the markings are in line with it and so is that case.

Also take a look at his sales. Big dollar horns and no complaints or negative feedback. The only issue I have is buying outside the US. It makes me worry about
shipping damage and loss by the carrier...

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
38,807 Posts
Certainly real

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The reason I thought it might not be real is because the Yanagisawa engraving looks kind of... not great, and the side keys look a bit off in at least one photo. Also I thought the horn was supposed to have black bumper adjustment screws but I realized that's the 8xxs.

I'm asking about it because a friend was looking at it, and as you might have gathered I'm not all that knowledgeable about older Yanagisawas. I pointed out the seller's feedback but I wanted to be sure about it.

Thanks

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
38,807 Posts
Well, a T900 is not all that old, but then again the ’90 is nearly ’30 years ago.

This horn is as near new as a 30 years old sax may come. The engraving is simple but then again, this is the T900, nothing more nothing less. If it were a fake it would be a new model and lavishly engraved.

The side keys look kosher from here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts